We are currently looking to recruit full and part time community carers for all areas of Pembrokeshire. We are ideally looking for individuals with experience in domiciliary care, although we provide full training and mentoring so this is not essential.
The ideal candidate will be caring and be able to work on their own initiative, have a person centred approach, confident to loan work in the community and take pride in providing the highest quality of care.
You will be required to drive to each customer's home and perform care related duties as outlined in the individuals person centred care plan.
You must be fully flexible and available to work Monday-Sunday. Shifts will include mornings, afternoons, evenings and weekends worked on a rota basis. The role may include sleep overs and in some cases waking nights depending on the needs of our customers.
- Take responsibility for the physical and emotional well being and social needs of our customers;
- Promote their independence and maintain high levels of dignity and respect;
- Carry out or assist customers with personal care such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals;
- Transferring using safe moving and handling techniques and approved equipment;
- Preparation of light meals and snacks;
- Liaising with your Team Leader as required;
- Maintain accurate records of all care provided through a mobile application.
- Hold or be working to Level 2 NVQ in Health and Social Care
- Be registered or be willing to become registered as a Social Care Worker with Social Care Wales
- Hold a UK Driving Licence
- Have access to a vehicle in line with your stated availability
- Excellent rates of pay
- Enhanced rates of pay at Weekends and some Bank Holidays
- Contracted Hours giving you job security and holiday entitlement
- Rotas planned 2 weeks in advance
- Weekend Mileage payment Enhancement
- Travel Time at National Living Wage
- Paid training, shadow shifts and meeting time
- 28 days annual leave per year based on a full time contract
- Pension scheme
- Career progression
- Free uniform
If you would like any further information about the position, please contact the Human Resources Department on 01437 764777 or apply by uploading a CV to HR@Pemcare.co.uk